Compliance with Legislative Decree No. 196 dated 30 June 2003
(The Privacy Code)
In terms of section 13 of Legislative Decree No. 196 dated 30.06.2003, Magneti Marelli After Market Parts and Services (hereinafter referred to as Magneti Marelli AMPS), the Data controller, informs you that your personal data, obtained through the commercial relations established between the parties, will be processed in compliance with the Privacy Code. The undermentioned information is also provided:
The personal data to be processed
The personal data forming the object of the processing relates to:
- identification information, (company name, head office, telephone number, fax, e-mail, website, fiscal information etc.);
- data relating to the economic and commercial activities, (solvency, credit standing, banking and accounting information etc.).
The data referred to above is provided directly by the Data Subject or alternatively it may be collected from third parties, who are independent data controllers (e.g. companies of the Group, agents, distributors, brokers, commercial information companies, registers, lists or databanks accessible to the public, etc.).
Method of processing
Your personal data shall be processed by persons who have been expressly appointed by Magneti Marelli AMPS to carry out the processing, which may also be effected by third parties belonging to the same Business Group (subsidiaries and associated companies) and by agents, but always in compliance with the Privacy regulations and in accordance with Magneti Marelli AMPS's instructions.
Access to the databanks managed with electronic tools may be granted to third parties where necessary in order to ensure the updating and total functioning of the information systems.
The processing shall be effected with electronic instruments and by adopting, in the manner prescribed in the Technical Specifications (annex B to Legislative Decree 196/2003), the minimum measures necessary to protect the security and privacy of the data, as set out in sections 34 and 35 of the aforesaid legislative decree.
In relation to the data processing it is recorded that:
Purposes of data processing
- the dissemination of the data itself is not permitted;
- the data is kept at Magneti Marelli AMPS's head office and also at any appointed controller, until such time as the commercial relationship ceases, save for data that must be kept in order to comply with legal and related company duties, even after the relationship between the parties has ceased.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- to fulfil contracts and the related legal obligations;
- to protect contractual rights;
- for debt recovery, or assignment of the debt;
- for organisational and commercial management of the contract and the after-sales activities (for example, relations with agents, distributors and contracted assistance centres);
- to obtain credit-ratings and to protect against risk;
- for education and training on the use of the products/services.
Magneti Marelli AMPS shall also be entitled, with your consent (to be provided at the foot of this document), to process your personal data for the purposes detailed below:
Nature of the conferral
- for marketing activities to be conducted by sending advertising material relating to similar products or services to those forming the object of the commercial relationship in existence;
- for invitations to attend conventions, shows and initiatives promoted by Magneti Marelli AMPS or events with a purpose pertinent to the commercial relationship in existence;
The provision of your personal data is optional; however, a refusal to provide such data may result in it becoming impossible for Magneti Marelli AMPS and the Data Subject to comply with the obligations reciprocally undertaken at the contract stage as well as with the legal duties imposed.
Scope of the communication
In relation to the purposes set out above the personal data may be communicated to the following categories of persons:
The Data Processor
- State, regional, provincial and municipal administrations, as well as Public Safety and Judicial Authorities;
- companies and members of the Group;
- credit institutions, leasing companies and factoring houses.
- insurance companies;
- agents, distributors, brokers , assistance centres, subcontractors and principal companies;
- transport intermediaries;
- companies which audit and certify the Financial Statements, or that certify quality;
- commercial information and debt collecting companies;
- legal and consultancy firms and firms who provide technical and tax assistance;
- trade associations;
- universities, schools of every level and training centres;
- persons appointed to process and/or send company magazines, brochures and invitations in relation to sales campaigns;
- other persons who carry out activities functionally connected to commercial relationships between Magneti Marelli AMPS and the Data Subject.
In terms of section 29 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 Magneti Marelli AMPS has appointed the Manager for the time being of the Human Resources Office, with head office situated at Viale Aldo Borletti 61/63, 20011 Corbetta (Milan), Italy, as being the person to whom the Data Subject shall have reference in the event of his exercising the rights referred to in terms of section 7 of the said Decree.
In accordance with the provisions of section 13, paragraph 1 letter f), the Data Subject, shall be entitled to obtain a complete and up-to-date list of all the processors appointed by the company and may request the list in writing from the Manager referred to above.
Rights of the Data subject
Finally, Magneti Marelli AMPS records that section 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 confers on the Data Subject the right to exercise specific rights, which includes the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of data that relates to him, even if it has not yet been recorded, to have such data communicated to him in an intelligible form, to be told of the origin of such data , as well as the purposes and method of the processing.
In addition, the Data Subject shall be entitled to have the data deleted or transformed into an anonymous form and to block data that is processed in contravention of the law, as well as to have the data updated, corrected or if he so requires, to have same supplemented.
The Data Subject shall also be entitled to object to any processing of his personal data, either in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, even if such processing is pertinent to the purposes for which the data was collected.
The Data Subject shall be entitled to exercise his rights in accordance with the provisions of section 8 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and by applying the procedures prescribed in section 9 of the aforesaid Decree and more precisely by sending a written request addressed to the Data Processor referred to above.